Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bell Bottom Blues - New this week!

Hey there everyone!!   This weeks release was fun to make.  I mean FUN.  I um...well.  I graduated in 1975, ok?   So you will just have to trust me when I say it was a wonderful time.  At least in Wisconsin, LOL!   We were/are always a few years behind on fashion and..things to do - - but music was always up to date.   In 1971, Eric Clapton was with 'Derek & the Dominoes'  -and did the song I named this kit for.  Bell Bottom Blues was and is one of my all time favorite songs, but then most Clapton songs are!   (I would tell  you the story of how my oldest son Jason thought that "Layla" from Clapton's Unplugged album was a song of the '90's....but trust me, its a long story.  Right up there with my daughter Anna thinking that Bohemian Rhapsody was also a nineties song.  UH HUH).   I designed this is true '70's style.  Colors weren't always the hot pink and neon lime;  we had faded bell bottoms, flares....striped shirts...BIG heels on our shoes....crazy fluffy wild hairdo's.....as for me, I wore bell bottoms or my bib overalls that I had embroidered from straps to hem.   So there had to be a little embroidery tossed in the kit, too :)   It's another big old collection, and will be on sale thru Sunday for 30% off (as are the separates).




Just take a look at what my wonderful Creative team did with this!!!  They did the kit justice, that's for sure!!








Aren't those fun and fabulous?  They somehow put on paper what I had envisioned in my head :)
Stay tuned for some AWESOME clusters I have to share with you!!  -Kim

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the NL goodie! We were born about the same time but I beat you by two little years. When bell bottoms came out again not long ago - I said no way! Once in a lifetime was enough - LOL. Cute kit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!