Friday, October 16, 2015

Reminiscence border cluster to share tonight

So did I mention that our new stove - the oven part....was messing up?    I put a lasagna in last Saturday...just an 8 x 8 pan of it.  Noodles precooked, just needed to heat thru.  Usually takes 45 minutes at 350 degrees, tops.   So I checked it at 1/2 hour intervalS - and after an hour and a half, I could put my open palm on it - right on top of the cheese....and it wasn't hot....just warm.  The cheese had melted...but it wasn't bubbling like it usually does.  Finished off the lasagna in the microwave that night!  I call the appliance place on Monday.  No problem, they say...we will send a guy within a day or two, and will call first.   Today is Friday right?  No repair dude.  So I call..and get the same guy we bought it from  AND talked to about the problem.   "Oh geez!"  he says...we had an emergency, and shuffled things around...I forgot all about it!   Uh-huh.  Needless to say, I am not happy.   I told him that since when I called the stove was only 10 days old, it sure would BE NICE if I could use it since its brand new...and I do believe he picked up on my....tone.  An hour and a half later..the repair dude is here.   Looking at me like 'sure lady...sure it doesn't work'.  Love that type of repair dude.  HA!   Anyway...after he turns all smart ass on me and says...'well, was your lasagna frozen?' (at which point I wanted to bonk him upside the head, but kept my cool)....he keeps testing...and gee, guess what?  The brand new oven/stove is running about 60-70 degrees BELOW what it should.  Imagine that.    He has to order a new temperature probe and then come install it.  Meanwhile, he says...just set your oven 70 degrees higher than you should.  Uh huh.  I hate that kind of thing.  Brand new stove...it should work, right???   Not a happy camper.  Set it 70 degrees higher.  geez.   Anyway - that was my day.   So before I completely bore you to death, lol....I have another beautiful cluster from Anita to share with you tonight made with my new collection, Reminiscence :)


The above image is linked to its direct download :)  See you tomorrow! -Kim

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for telling us about your life experiences. I think your salesman should have arranged for a new stove to come to your door instead of a repair man! Poor customer service, poor salesmanship,... Okay, now I'm getting really upset!...Let me at him!...
    Love these beautiful clusters from this amazing collection; thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, I LOVE this! Your use of the delicate lace in the background is so beautiful and really balances out the design. Your detail attention in all you create is amazing. Thanks so much and enjoy your weekend. Kim, so sorry to read you were having such problems with new appliance. Let's hope this repairman does fix it next trip. Thanks so much for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and Thank you for this lovely download...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the first comment, you should demand a new unit. Poor quality control; something brand new should work perfectly. You should accept no less from this store. Rant over! Thank you for all your beautiful freebies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the first comment, you should demand a new unit. Poor quality control; something brand new should work perfectly. You should accept no less from this store. Rant over! Thank you for all your beautiful freebies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you guys on a new unit...but they don't have another one in stock. As long as this new temperature probe works ok...I'll be fine with it. Quality used to be a lot better, doncha think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to ask, is it a GE? I will NEVER buy GE again! Built a brand new house in FL, came with GE appliances. Shortly after one year, the microwave heating element went. Would have cost more than a replacement to replace it.. Replaced it with a Whirlpool at the service man's suggestion. LOVE it!! About a month later, my GE washer started leaking. Was a cheap fix, so kept it.
    Sadly, I think "quality" is a thing of the past. Hope you get the part soon so you can bake!
    Thank you for the gorgeous cluster, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry ....I just went through the same type issue with a dishwasher which I did receive a new BOSH I do not like this new one at all ....I had a new washer also new in all appliances should be called newer made cheaper....Repair was out 3 times over new washer I had it almost 2 years when I had finally had enough I went to a used appliance store and bought a washer just like the one I had had for 16 years...... So old is my new when it comes to appliances :) ...
    THANK YOU bunches for the beautiful cluster :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a Kenmore Washer/Dryer up North that I got in 1973. Have NEVER had a service call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly the used kind I had bought Kenmore :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!